I’m currently doing research for an article I’ve been planning on writing for a while that I might develop into my thesis.
Part of that research requires me to do a little digging for opinions outside of my own on the topic. So I’d very much appreciate your input! Don’t worry, you can submit anon if you want, I won’t be using any direct quotes(unless you want me to & I have your permission). I’d just like to hear from you guys so I can get a better idea of where people stand on this topic today. If you could pass this around also I’d greatly appreciate it.
So here we go. You don’t have to answer all of these. And feel free to add anything else you’d like to say on the topic, such as information, facts, etc.
The topic: J Bruce Ismay
1. How do you feel about his actions the night of the sinking?
2. What is your impression of his character in general?
3. Would you apply the same opinion towards someone who did what he did in today’s society?
4. What do you think you would have done in his position?
5. Was society too harsh on him?
6. Do you think films portray Ismay accurately?
7. Have you had any further study on Ismay(such as inquiry readings, biographies, witness accounts, etc)?